Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I know this young couple who just started their sweet little family a few months back, in September.  Much to their surprise, their little girl "Ellery" came 35 weeks premature.  She was diagnosed as having a chromosome deletion in her 9th chromosome resulting in a congenital heart defect called Tetraology of Fallot.  They have had many trials, and have been in and out of the hospital since the day Ellery was born.  I have made them a blog with their "story" on it.  Please link through my blog or go to www.babyellerybenefit.blogspot.com , and read their story. Because she has been in the hospital for most of her fragile life, she has had to lay flat.  This resulting in her head flattening out.   I am trying to get the word out, so they can raise enough money to get Ellery a little helmet to reshape her head.  They have an account set up at Bank of America under "Ellery K. McBride benefit account", no account number needed.   

We will be holding a fundraiser to raise money for this family, at Habit Salon on Saturday June 6th so please let me know if you are interested:)  (We will be doing haircuts, I'm not sure the cost yet, sorry) We are in the very beginning stages of planning, so there is more info to come!  I will keep you all posted!  Thanks!

No comments: